Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Trip to Nahan & Renuka

The most awaited trip of mine was to Nahan & Renuka. I heard about this place from one of my colleague from ex-organization. She has been to this place and was complimenting it a lot. I just overheard (not my usual habit) about it.
"Nahan" - the research was on in March and planning was all set up, I was just waiting for a long weekend and here it goes bang on!...The first long weekend of August. The plan was all set Hotel booking + Travel+ Budgeting all set....but unfortunately we got to drop the plan (Not to be mention reason)....Never-mind (Thats so called my nature).
Now for me the trip was a compulsory go because I have made advance payment to the Hotel & the vendor was not ready to refund the amount. I was sad with this attitude but for me the trip was now more to be called "Mazborri" rather taking it to be a "Fun-filled" one. But luckily I managed one more weekend and the plan reborn (dhan ta ta ta ta). Now here comes the real twist, I have booked Hotel Devicos Plaza at Renuka, but the vendor told me that all the rooms were booked on desired weekend. So it was my turn now, I forced....fought....screamed (Generally not into my nature, situational u can say) on vendor for not making tentative booking. Finally the vendor somehow managed few options and accommodation was freezed - "The Sirmour Retreat, Nahan"
The D-Day
I decided to start with my friends (So here on its "WE"), on Friday night. I was back from office at 8:00 PM and we were suppose to leave by 10...Oh my god!! I just got two hours (Girls yaar!),    I packed my stuff, had dinner and was all set to leave. The cab arrived at my PG at 10:14 PM, from there we directly hit to Noida to take one of our friend. So after that pick up session we hit the Sonipat-Karnal road, very smooth and lighted path. As I am considered to be the best planner in my group, so in my plan I arranged a route map and shortest pathway to Nahan, no doubt it really helped. We drove straight till Karnal and at around 2:00 AM we were at Jihlmil Dhaba at highway. To my surprise these highway Dhabas got better footfall from any mall food court. We just had tea and after a break of half and hour we moved towards Indri. 
Cool breeze was blowing and the climate was so cool. (I guess the best time to visit a Hill station). From Indri we moved to Ladwa and then we were searching way to "Shahbad" but few local people suggested us to take Yamunanagar route. So after few minutes we were on road towards Yamunanagar. But we just missed a turn from Sahabad and we ended up into a haunted way. Hey! don't get sacred of this haunted word, I am just using it because the roads were a bit bad and we didn't find a single person who can guide us, and not even a single milestone. So I would suggest you to take straight Yamnunanagar- Shahbad road which will lead you directly to Kala Amb, our next milestone.
We reached to a smooth road of Kala Amb at around 5:00 AM in morning. The mountains were visible now and we felt we are there in Himachal. The morning sun was approaching and the sky was very beautiful. We reached "The Sirmour Resort" at around 7:30 AM. The resort was at Jamta, at 14 kms height from Nahan, and at such height I was amazed to see the arrangements the resort has done. We checked-in and trust me I felt was in heaven. The view from my room was amazing, Nahan City was visible clear and beautiful. At around 8:30 we had our breakfast, now after a journey for around 7 hours and tummy full of breakfast we felt lazy and soon we all were snoring.
 
I woke up at around 11:00 AM and thought to get ready for our outing. But at the same time what I saw outside the glass windows, was captured by my camera (Pic above). The clouds had covered the valley, I thought its fog (As a Delhite I had experienced it), I woke everybody and we all set to move on to capture those beautiful scenarios. From Nahan, we moved towards Renukaji, 23 Kms distance was covered in 45 minutes. I had read so many blogs and websites about Renuka and would not like to Cntrl+v all the information (Please refer some websites for more details on Renukaji's existences). What exactly I was wondering was, how come we can have a lake over here in mountains. But finally we reached Renukaji - The beautiful lake.


Renuka Lake was spread across in a circumference of 3 Kms, bordered with Wild Life sanctuary. There was Renuka Temple at the bank of lake. We parked our cab outside temple and started walking around the lake. We offered "Atta ki goli" to fishes. The fishes were huge and because fishing was not allowed there, the population was not bad. From there we walked around the lake and enjoyed the nature. The wild life sanctuary didn't had much animals (I guess Govt is just too busy to look into such matters), we heard lion roar from a distance and I got excited to see lion & lioness, finally we reached upto Lion & Lioness compound. What do you expect I saw a humping jumping lion & lioness, NOWAYS!. Firstly I was very upset with ratio of Lion & Lioness it was 1:5 (very bad) and both the gender were in separate compound, so you better don't expect any good news, sad on their part ;-). It was lunch time, so the animals were getting fed by the workers. We ended our Renuka lake walk-a-way with a beautiful snap of mine (Self-obsessed).
We were back in resort room and enjoyed sunset with Tea and yummy spring rolls & macroni. At around 10:00 at night we had our dinner. Trust me boss! the food was really yum. Tummy full of dinner and a sound sleep, what else do you need. Next day we had our breakfast and we checked out. The one thing I would like to highlight is the Hospitality factor, guys! if you feel that you are paying so much trust me, you will be amazed with the hospitality they offer you. In the end we visited Nahan Fort, small but really nice fort. 
Time flew like that and we were back in Delhi.

One more beautiful destination in my list was added. A weekend gateaway from Delhi - Nahan, very relaxing and soothing.

2 comments:

  1. hhmm..very nice written and narrated...nice trip..seems like u guys really had a blast..that means we missed it...no worries..we will accompany u on your next trip..which i m sure u will come up with no time..as the planning is already started..
    But i feel like i myslef have been to Nahan..the writing style is soo amazing and good...good u r learning the art..anyways enjoy and tc....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandeep!!

    But seriously you missed it! Anyways I am on with my research cell and will get back to you with a new destination soon.

    ReplyDelete